Mitsui Chemical’s TAFMER™ alpha-olefin copolymer is a colorless, transparent, odorless and gelation-free line, making it suitable for many different and numerous applications.
TAFMER™ A and TAFMERTM XM, Mitsui’s ethylene/alpha-olefin copolymer products, are unique polyolefins that enhance impact strength and flexibility. For example, as a coating for fire retardant wire or cable, TAFMER™ A retains its flexibility, shows high tensile strength and has outstanding low temperature impact strength.
TAFMER™ A Characteristics
- Ideal for food packaging
- Improve impact strength
- Excellent affinity with polyolefins
- Designed within easily dispersible viscosity range
TAFMERTM XM, Mitsui’s propylene/alpha-olefin copolymer product, is a superior low crystalline copolymer of propylene and alpha-olefin which is perfect for biaxially oriented polypropylene (PP) and cast film sealant as well as a resin modifier for polyolefins. As a heat seal layer for OPP film, TAFMERTM XM is an excellent package sealer for tobacco, chocolates, cookies and crackers.
TAFMER™ XM Characteristics
- Excellent low-temperature sealability
- No taste or odor
- Outstanding heat resistance
- Excellent transparency and gloss
- High hardness and scratch resistance
- Superb hot tack
- Compatibility with polypropylene (PP)
- Low temperature heat sealability
- Low temperature impact resistance
- Easy peelability
- Heat shrinkage
- Light weight
- Automotive parts such as bumper
- PP and PE films
- Cup lid materials and bottles
- Toys and stationary
- Wire and cable
- Interior material and household goods
- Civil engineering, building and interior materials
TAFMER™ is a trademark of Mitsui Chemicals Group.